Phase 1...I sat on the ground while screaming, and tried to get everyones attention!
Phase 2...I stood up because the ground really wasn't that comfortable nor was it as effective as I had hoped and I continued to scream!
Phase 3...Mom was not responding so I ran away and continued to scream...that part got moms attention and she sent Brian to retrieve me!
Phase 4...I took my shoes off to express my growing frustration!! The people who watched me do this did so with looks of absolute shock and horror on their faces! You would think they had never seen a tantrum.
Phase 5...I was captured and strapped into the stroller!! Lots of people are looking at us and mom is mumbling something that I am pretty sure she says I am not allowed to say!!
Phase 6...In a last ditch effort I used whatever resources I could find to express my frustrations...mom got hit with both of these sippy cups. Again, I (along with everyone within 50 feet) heard mom say words that I get time out for saying.
The night pretty much ended there. We headed back to the hotel and let Josh get some much needed sleep. We all were actually pretty surprised that we made it 5 days without any real problems.
phase noun, a stage in a process of development
3 comments:
That was SO worth the wait! I was grinning through each of the phases until I got to the sippy cup thing and I have to admit, I totally lost it! E wondered what was wrong with me because I couldn't stop laughing. Been there, sista! I totally feel your pain!
I could write this exact post, except it would be Adam at the grocery store. I don't even like to take him there by himself, I still can't manage him. I have left him alone in an aisle before to 'let out his frustrations' hoping no one would call for abandonment. I guess I could always counter with 'he abandoned me'!!
Classic! After the shoes came off I was half expecting the shirt and pants to come off too. It is funny to us but I am sure it was very frustrating for you. We are so excited about the new Disney movie too!
Post a Comment