Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Worries...

As the future President of our nation is being decided, I am sitting anxiously in front of the TV hanging on every word that is being said. The news just reported that Obama is the winner of the election and I went into the family room to share the news and this is what I found...

Journey To The Center of The Earth

Mom: The news just announced that Obama is the new President.
Them: Could you move away from the TV?
Mom: Please??
Them: You're making us miss it!!
Mom: Okay.

At Brian's school they had a mock election today. The school sent home a letter explaining what they were doing and asked us to talk to our children about what the election was about and who we were voting for and why. When Brian got home today I asked him who he voted for and he replied "Obama". I was a little surprised and asked him why he chose him. He replied "I knew most kids at school weren't going to vote for him and I didn't want him to feel bad that he got the least votes".

vote noun, 1) a choice made during an election, verb, 2) to decide by general consent

No comments: