Before I was married and had kids I had a job. I miss that job. It was after finishing the days work that I would discover, too frequently, that I had locked my keys in my car. I would call Orem PD and they would send an officer to the rescue. I just so happened to get the same officer every single time. The first few times the officer gave me a clipboard with a form to sign, and explained that by signing I gave him permission to enter my vehicle and that he would not be responsible for any damages caused. By the fourth or fifth time, the entire process was handled without a word spoken.
Fast forward 1 year...February 1, 1997, our wedding day!! Our reception was absolutely beautiful!! As we were greeting our family and friends I heard a man say "It's you!!" I looked over and there was the officer who had retrieved my keys countless times. He looked at Jason and said "If I had known you were marrying her I would have gotten you a slim jim for your gift, good luck, she'll keep you busy."
A few years after we were married I did it again. That time I called dispatch and said..."will you tell Captain 3 that his stupid wife locked her stupid keys in her stupid car, AGAIN." She asked if I minded if she dispatched it that way...nope, go ahead. Fifteen minutes later my husband pulled up, got out of the fire truck, handed me a clip board...
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Classic! I'm going to be laughing all night! I'm so glad you're back in the blogging world! Every day is better when you sprinkle a dose of "Jen-humor" on top.
Post a Comment