I am at my wits end with my children. On Saturday we were sitting down eating lunch...chimichangas, the kids favorite. Josh was happily eating away when he got this look on his face...we now refer to it as "the look"...we see it frequently and it is almost always followed by some form of destruction. He immediately jumped out of his chair, pushed the chair over to the sliding glass door, stood on the chair and began to "finger paint" on the glass with pieces of his chimi. After the shock and awe wore off and I had counted to ten about 32 times, I cleaned the glass and thought while I am at it I might as well clean the outside of the door also. I stepped outside and began cleaning that side and good old Joshie started to lick the inside part of the glass I had just cleaned...WHY!!!!!! Well the whole event triggered this Monday memory.
When we were little I do believe we gave my mom a run for her money. We really should have been kinder, she worked so hard (60+ hours a week running our family floral shop) and sacrificed so much for us while raising us as a single parent. I remember one day that her visiting teachers were over. My mom was sitting in a chair in our family room talking to these ladies when she happened to glance up at the ceiling. All over the ceiling were the most perfectly round, 5 inch grease spots. She was flabbergasted at what could have caused so many of them. Later, after the visiting teachers had left, she began the interrogation of us kids. "Hey mom, did you know that bologna has a 37 second hang time". So I guess in a way what goes around, comes around.
karma noun, the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment