Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Memories...

Jason and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. We stayed at the Turtle Bay Hilton on the north shore of Oahu. It was absolutely gorgeous...the hotel has a private beach and the first night we were there we took a swim on that beach. We weren't in the water long before something bit me several times on the legs and in a very short time I had welts all over. The next morning the welts were driving me crazy...they burned and itched like mad. I warned Jason that swimming was off the agenda for the day and so we headed out to spend the day in Waikiki, planning to shop and wander aimlessly. After a few hours Jason couldn't resist the call of the ocean and so we headed to the beach. Waikiki beach was super crowded and so we wandered west down the beach until we found a spot for our towels. We both changed into our swimsuits and then headed for the water. As we were walking down to the water I noticed several guys watching us and each of them smiled at me when I made eye contact with them. I instantly felt pretty darn good!! I must not look to shabby all pasty white and in a swimsuit!! We hit the water and after a few minutes my legs were on fire (stupid water critters) and so I headed back to the towels leaving Jason to swim. When I stepped out of the water I instantly heard loud splashing behind me. Jason was running out of the ocean and almost instantly he was standing behind me with his arm around my waist, saying "don't move, stay right in front of me". I instantly thought I either had a hole in the back of my swimsuit or some other tragic female event was going on. I panicked and asked Jason what was wrong. He said, "look around, what don't you see?" I looked around and didn't know what I "didn't" see. He repeated himself and again I didn't get it. Jason then informed me..."there are no women on this part of the beach, they are all guys". Sure enough that part of the beach was covered with men, all paired up and looking mighty cozy. I started laughing (Jason, not so much) and thought, they weren't looking at me earlier, they were checking out my new hubby. It was then I fully understood the big sign we saw as we were walking to the water "Queen Beach". No wonder this part of the beach was less crowded. As we gathered up our stuff to head back to the car, a young couple was setting up their stuff about 10 feet from us...looking back, I regret not giving them the 411.

beach noun, a shore of sand or pebbles along a lake or ocean

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Why do things like that always happen to you? Did you ever find out what was biting you?

Devon said...

That's pretty great. Poor Jason....Milt would have probably grabbed me and kissed me right there!