Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hair Day!!

I have been talking about doing Hannah's extensions myself forever. I can do twists and basic braids and puffs myself but the extensions scared me to death. On Sunday at 4:00 pm I decided to give it a try. We spent an hour taking out the extensions she had in and then started braiding in the yarn. It took just over 4 hours but I did it!! They aren't as tight as I would like them and the parting isn't the greatest but practice makes perfect. Hannah was really excited and insisted on 2 pony tails the second I finished the last braid. I love the yarn...it is so soft and it is so much lighter in weight than the synthetic hair we have had in the past.


yarn noun, 1) knitting thread, spun wool 2) a story, a fictional account

5 comments:

Devon said...

It looks fabulous! And she is looking so grown up...mayabe you should stop feeding your children so they won't grow while I'm gone. There's an idea! How long do these extensions stay in?

Thayne6 said...

WOW!
--Jamie T.

The Blomquist Bunch said...

My hands are cramping just looking at the braiding extravaganza you accomplished! GREAT JOB! She looks beautiful with her lovely locks!

chandra said...

Great to see pictures! It looks so good! If I went to church regularly I could see then in person :-)

Mindi B said...

I just think that is the coolest technique every - I really do need to try it on my girls!! (Maybe you could do it to my hair - You would need some really bright yarn though - wow!)