Sunday, May 18, 2008

I hate snakes, I hate 'em!!!



I have always said that if we find that they named our street Rattler Rd. for a reason we would move. Well this morning Brian came running in the house saying there was a snake in our backyard and it was a kind he had never seen before. I went out to investigate and sure enough it was a rattle snake. When I told Jason (he was standing on the deck...big tough guy) it was a rattle snake he rolled his eyes and shook his head. He slowly made his way over to where we were (with the no way my crazy little wife knows what she is talking about look on his face) and said "that's a rattle snake"...is there an echo out here????

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I can't believe you found a snake in your yard. I have been feeling pretty good because I have lived here for 4 years and haven't seen one yet. I may have to consider moving at this point. You know that I didn't leave my house for a week when crazy Becky "saw" a rattlesnake. So was it 5 inches around and 10 feet long?!?! :) Wow! That's all I can say at this paralised moment in my life.

Melanie said...

Well, did you kill it?!!!!! I need to know before I can go back outside again!

Melanie said...

Okay, I had a nightmare last night. There were rattlesnakes in my bushes - 5 of them (a mommy and four babies). They were curled up around the branches sunning themselves (like the garter snakes do at my parents house). We were having a party at my house and all the kids wanted to try to touch them...I'll feel better after garbage day when that THING is out of the neighborhood!