Last Saturday we spent the day at "Great's" house helping to plant flowers in her yard. This has become sort of an annual get together (2nd year running) for our family. I should note that her yard is dang near perfect...I am not kidding...most weeds do not dare enter...the weeds that are brave enough to enter adapt into what looks like exotic flowers!!! Grammy has spent over 35 years tending to her yard and the love she has put into it shows. I have incredibly fond memories of playing and climbing trees in her back yard. I am so grateful my kids are going to have those memories also. After the flower planting we had a BBQ. Uncle Bruce grilled the best burgers and hot dogs my kids say they have ever had and after lunch the kids proceeded to talk Bruce's ears off...thanks Bruce, the kids absolutely adore you and are still talking about what they are calling their "Uncle Bruce Time". Uncle Reid gave some great pointers on growing cucumbers, and Aunt Sue makes a mean potato salad and can toast a bun to perfection.
We love all of you and can't wait for next year!!!
memory noun, something a person remembers, the ability to remember
No comments:
Post a Comment