Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Arachnophobia!!!

This is what I found on the family room ceiling. Actually, the kids discovered it and told me to get rid of it. Yeah right!! I called Jason and was going to have him come home from work to deal with it...there was no way on this green earth that I was going to get withing 10 feet of the huge (size of a silver dollar) creepy crawly bugger. Well Jason was in a meeting and didn't answer his phone!!! So I weighed my options...leave the house or "me vs. it"!!! I got a plastic pitcher and a piece of cardboard and began to approach the spider. I swear to you it reared back like it was going to jump on me. I screamed which started the kids screaming...yeah yeah yeah all funny now. I got up on the back of the couch...leave it to Joshie to remind me we don't stand on the furniture like that, and surrounded the spider with the mouth of the pitcher. I then slid the cardboard between the ceiling and the top of the pitcher. Again, more screaming. I then ran outside and dumped the spider over the fence...sorry Scott!!! Why, you ask, did I not kill the spider...can you imagine the awful crunching noise a spider that size would make. GAG GAG GAG!!! Now I am wondering did this spider come to visit alone or is there a spider family reunion going on somewhere in my home...I am going to sleep well tonight!! Snakes...spiders...voles...what's next??!!

spider noun, a bug that uses threads from its body to make a web to capture insects

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Eew - what kind of spider is that? I'm itching all over now, thanks a lot.

Heylee said...

Sis that is a black house spider.
Info

Venom toxicity - the bite of the Black House Spider is poisonous but not lethal. Certain people bitten experience severe pain around the bite site, heavy sweating, muscular pains, vomiting, headaches and giddiness. First aid and medical attention (ambulance) should be sought as soon as possible.

Spider Identification - adults are about 1/2 inch in body length and of a dark brown to black velvet textured appearance.

Spider Identification - adults are about 1/2 inch in body length and of a dark brown to black velvet textured appearance.

I would so be moving. I hate spiders!! yuck, icky and yikes!!!

Devon said...

I SAW THE PICTURE! Dang you, Jen! Time for a new post, so I don't have to look at that pic again! But okay, so your last few posts have been awesome. I guess I haven't checked your blog lately...what was I thinking? I've got to stop cleaning the house and just keep up to date on blogs, ya know?

The Blomquist Bunch said...

thanks a LOT, lady. Scott just left for scout camp for a few days and now i have to be all freak-a-fied about spiders after innocently checking in on my blog-master's site. SIGH. What are you trying to teach me, oh great one? I don't think i'm ready for courage lessons . . . We've got the large brown SUPER FAST spiders around here . . . ew. ew. ew. . .