Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Memories... "Old Yeller"

 
Somewhere along the way I became a yeller.  I am not proud of it.  My kids remind me constantly "Mom, we can hear you.  You don't have to yell".
Shortly after we moved into our home we began to put in our yard.  I remember the day that we were leveling the back yard to get it ready for sod.  Jason was in the bobcat, moving dirt from the front yard to the backyard.  Our two oldest boys were running around the front yard, getting in the way helping, and I was in the house with the babies.  I stepped out onto the deck and I could hear what sounded like a man yelling at what I assumed were his kids.  It sounded like it was coming from the cul-de-sac behind us.  I could barely hear him over the noise of the bobcat and so I walked farther onto the deck and listened again...  Yep, there was definitely yelling going on and I was pretty sure it was coming from the corner house across the street behind us.  I was elated...a fellow yeller!!  I listened some more and could barely make out what he was saying...but it definitely was some serious yelling.  I ran to the front yard and excitedly signaled for Jason to stop the bobcat so he could hear me.

Jason:  What?
Me:  **excitedly**  There is a guy in the cul-de-sac behind us yelling at his kids. 
Jason: Really, what is he saying?
Me:  I repeated a few of the choice phrases I was able to understand.
Jason:  That was ME, yelling at your son, he threw a dirt clod at my head and ran off laughing.

echo  noun, 1) a series of reflected sound waves that repeat as they bounce back from an object, repeating the sound  verb, 2) to reverberate, to reflect a sound back

No comments: